Park and Meet behind Kildonan Place Mall, close to Reenders Drive at 11:00 AM
There is no access from Almey Avenue.
Participants must be able to walk across a grassy field to access the Cemetery
This is the site of the first Jewish cemetery in western Canada, established here in 1883 when the bodies of five children who had died during the preceding winter were moved here from a temporary cemetery on Thomas Street. Land for the cemetery had been purchased for $300 in a campaign organized by Simon Lechtzier, David Ripstein, and others.
The site was eventually found to be too prone to flooding so was closed in favour of the Shaarey Zedek Cemetery. The last burial occurred on 20 June 1933 by which time the cemetery contained 110 graves. Subsequent vandalism toppled several tombstones so the remaining ones were laid horizontal to minimize further damage.